4th - 6th August
£18.00 - Full, £16.00 - Concession, £14.00 - Under 16
The Odyssey by Troubadour Stageworks, presented at The Actors' Church as part of their Theatre in the Garden Summer Season.
The Odyssey is a classical poem about homecoming, but after twenty years away, can you possibly return as the same person who left?
Troubadour’s new adaptation of The Odyssey is told by Odysseus and Penelope as they recount the last twenty years of their lives to one another in an attempt to recognise one another again. Odysseus has spent a decade at war and the last decade, washing up on island after island, and taking the love of other women. Penelope has spent twenty years raising their child alone on Ithaca, the last ten years surrounded by suitors who want the crown. To put off their advances, she has been weaving a shroud for her father in law, unpicking it again each night, with the promise that she will marry when the shroud is finished.
After so long apart, can they find one another again?
Full of music and all the heart and adventure of The Odyssey this is the perfect way to revisit a classic or to encounter it for the first time at any age.
- There is a bar on site! Soft drinks and Pic'n'Mix available.
- Please note there are no public toilets on site, the nearest are located just outside the church on the Piazza.
- Unfortunately due to steps on the lawn, the performance is not accessible to wheelchairs.
- Please note there is no set seating or this event. Doors open at 6.45pm. Chairs, picnics, blankets and any other low level accessories are welcome.
- In case of rain, please don’t bring umbrellas as they block sight-lines for other audience members. Ponchos and raincoats are just as fetching, so please wear these instead.
Find our ticket refund policy here