Events in the time of COVID-19
We are currently taking concert bookings for Christmas 2021. This is traditionally our busiest time and dates are very competitive. If you are interested in holding a Christmas event with us please contact Ben on firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the event is and a selection of dates that you would be aiming to hold the concert.
St Paul’s Church has taken advice from the government and independent sources. Any event which takes places at the church must follow the guidelines as laid out by St Paul’s Church. These can be discussed but are also written up in our COVID-19 Risk Assessment which is available to view upon request.
The hires fees may vary and are subject to the approval of the Rector, Rev. Simon Grigg. These will not necessarily follow the standard indoor church hire which we have below.
It is necessary to remember the historic character of the church and grounds and therefore anyone looking to hire the garden should consider if their events are suitable for the space and the character of the church.
The Maximum capacity of an event/concert on our South Lawn is 72
The Maximum capacity of an event/concert on the North lawn is 60
The Maximum capacity of an event/concert on the church steps is 80
St Paul’s Church is able to provide an outdoor bar at events. These requirements will be discussed on a case by case basis. St Paul’s Church will run the bar with our own staff and retain 100% of the profits made from the sales.
Please see below for more information about hiring St Paul's Church, Covent Garden
Event Hire at St Paul's
We host up to 400 events a year, including the Iris Theatre outdoor summer season. From traditional memorials and weddings to modern music concerts, The Actor's Church can cater to the needs and requirements of your event, allowing for a memorable experience. With seating for up to 254 guests, this venue is unique in its superb location, whilst still being affordable for small and mid-scale events. Covent Garden, Leicester Square and Charing Cross tube station are all within a few minutes walk from the venue.
- Box Office, Bar and Duty Management Provided
- Grand Piano and Organ
- Beautiful, private garden
- Full, professional lighting and sound capabilities
- Free Lunchtime Concerts
- We provide a professional and fully integrated box office system, handling ticket enquiries and daily office support for your event listing. On the day of the event we provide a fully trained Front of House Manager who will operate the system on the day.
- A fully stocked bar with a good variety of options will also be operated by us for your guests. You may choose to pay for your drinks in advance in order to provide free service to your guests.
- Each event will be staffed by a first aid trained Duty Manager who can provide support throughout the event, as well as handle guest safety and emergency evacuation.
- St Paul's has a beautiful Young Chang grand piano, church organ and an electric harpsichord, all tuned regularly. A variety of music stands can also be utilised for singers and musicians.
- We have two small dressing rooms, suitable for three people each and two large changing decks suitable for 20 people. These are located upstairs in the gallery of the church and locked behind combination doors. Showering facilities are also provided.
Our beautiful, award-winning garden can be hired for certain events. It is an entirely private space and is maintained throughout the year. Gazebos and Marquees can be hired to be sent within the garden and we are able to place you in touch with marquee and catering companies who are able to work within the parameters of the garden’s requirements.
- St Paul's is equipped with a professional lighting system which suits concert, choral and orchestra needs. A technician can be supplied (for favourable rates) if complex lighting is required.
- We are equipped with an Autograph sound system and board. We can supply 4 hand-held mics and 2 portable radio mics. Access to the Pulpit and Lectern is also possible, these also have mics and are perfect for readings. A technician can also be supplied (for favourable rates) for further sound solutions.
Prices for traditional concerts are £1,000. If you are a registered charity or are raising money for a registered charity, please contact email@example.com to discuss our charity rates. For other events then prices can vary depending on requirements but a day rate would usually begin at £1,000.
Our Free Lunchtime concerts are the perfect opportunity for solo or a small group of artists to showcase some of their work. These concerts are non-ticketed and do require Bar or Front of House staff. There is an administration charge of £25.
Please see the contact section for details.
Please consult our website www.actorschurch.org for further details about events coming up and facilities.
If you wish to register an interest, or have an informal chat about hiring St Paul's, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 020 7836 5221
Please note that the church and gardens has extremely limited availability in summer due to our outdoor theatre season and Christmas fills up very quickly
Making theatre in a time of COVID-19: an audio tour
Last November, we gathered around a Signal Fire in the grounds of the Actors’ Church in response to asking why live performance a pandemic and what is lost when it can’t take place. Join us for an interactive audio tour following in the footsteps of that performance and hearing its echoes.
Music of Joy and Sorrow
Soprano Billie Robson performs a selection of stunning pieces which reflect some of the hardships and hopes of our current times.
Claire de Lune - Songs on the theme of "Night" from the turn of the century
St Paul's Church is delighted to welcome soprano Erika Mädi Jones and pianist Panaretos Kyriatzidis to perform a lunchtime concert as part of growing series of talented performers, showcasing their work in intimate concerts.
London Octave presents Schubert's String Quintet in C.
St Paul's Church Covent Garden is delighted to present London Octave in their first free lunchtime concert. They will be performing one of Schubert's last and greatest compositions, Franz Schubert's String Quintet in C.
A Musical Journey Through Europe And Latin America
St Paul's Church Covent Garden is delighted to welcome Arik Goldshtein for his first lunchtime concert with us. Join us for a beautiful collection of pieces played on classical guitar.